For the first time in a long time, this week actually went by fairly fast, though not before I got everything done that needed to be done. However, it was totally unexceptional, so I am curious as to how these Sunday thoughts will shape up…
New things I have learnt this week
Once again, no solid learning for me, but Ben did take me through a “touch” test to evaluate what my hands will be like as a therapist, and to start teaching me how to use my feel – he hid a number of random objects under a towel, and I had to guess what they were: a pen, a hairband, a small screwdriver, a grip ball, a watch, and a business card which was by far the hardest. I then had to feel my way around his hand, exploring all the small bones and getting a feel for different tissues, before palpating his knee and analysing the different feels and movements around the knee. It was all very interesting and eye-opening!
New things I have eaten this week
- I tried the Clearspring miso soup paste that I got in this month‘s UK Vegan Food Swap parcel. I’ve had instant miso soup before and this was by far the best, smooth and full of flavour, and not grainy and salty like others I have tried. Great for those “I don’t know what I want to snack on” moments when you need to test your tastebuds!
- Ben and I ate out at a couple of new places this weekend; Layla in Esher and Satori in Kingston. Both fine, but nothing hugely special, exciting, or good value, so they get no more than a passing mention.
I can’t really remember if I’ve eaten anything else interesting this week as I spent most of my week polishing off the celebratory chocolate cake Ben made me last weekend – but I did forget to mention in last week’s Sunday thoughts that I did make something new and exciting which I had been meaning to make for ages (pretty much exactly what Sunday thoughts are for, and I forget it!): healthy chickpea blondies! I reduced the amount of sugar and they came out tasting perhaps a little too healthy – which was fine by me (and I ended up eating a bunch for breakfasts!) but I probably wouldn’t serve them to others. Which is also fine by me.
Other highlights this week
- Receiving my package of RioLife açaì berry fruit bars on Monday was super exciting – partly because I was desperate to be able to eat them again, partly because now I can start selling them through my Great Expectations Fitness business! I believe I am the only retailer selling them in Europe, so that’s really exciting, and so far all the feedback is great. Please do get in touch if you are interested!
- I also ordered another product which I will be able to sell soon, and I got a great price, so that got me really excited.
- I’ve felt really efficient this week – as well as receiving and ordering my new products, I got a bunch of writing done, taught three classes, signed up a new client, finally drew up the Vegan Protein Shake Leader Board I’ve been meaning to do for months, and completed a translation. I like getting things done!
- I’ve been really good at doing my stretching and rolling my glutes over the tennis ball, and my hip stiffness has been kept at bay, making training much less daunting. Of course I have now injured my back, but variety is the spice of life and all.
- Between you and me, I got shortlisted for an exciting writing assignment which I will tell you all about if I get selected!
- I’ve had a couple of really enjoyable training sessions this week – Wednesday and Friday – with lots of quality sparring. I always forget how much I enjoy a good bout of BJJ sparring, but it’s one of the things that makes me feel at my most alive.
I think that’s about it – all in all, just a simple week, things ticking along smoothly. Can’t complain! Ben and I are staying at his brother’s again this weekend – house-sitting and cat-sitting – which is always a lovely experience and we’ve been making the most of it, chilling out and enjoying our weekend.
I hope you have all had a lovely weekend (despite the rain if you are in South-East England) and are all set to finish off August in style!